As you would have heard, Victoria’s Roadmap to Deliver the National Plan will see some restrictions easing in Victoria from 11.59pm this Thursday night. What this means, is that children with double/fully vaccinated parents, have the option to return from this Friday.
Children who are currently attending Kindergarten can continue to do so – this includes children of at least one authorised worker (where they are no alternative care arrangements able to be made), vulnerable families, and children of single working parents/guardians.
This does not change, and these parents/guardians do not need to be vaccinated, for their children to attend a service (however, we would be grateful if they are!).
Beginning this Friday 22 October, other parents/guardians – whose children are not currently eligible to attend and wish to do so – will need to show educators at the kindergarten, or preferably, submit to Glen Education evidence of double/full vaccination or a medical exemption. Specifically:
- where there are two parents/guardians who share responsibility for the care of the child (whether the parents/guardians are living together or not), both parents/guardians are double vaccinated or have a medical exemption, or
- where there is one parent/guardian only with responsibility for caring for the child, that the one parent/guardian is double vaccinated or has a medical exemption.
Evidence of vaccination or medical exemption includes:
- immunisation history statement available from Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- MyGov COVID-19 digital certificate
- Service Victoria app showing COVID-19 digital vaccination certificate linked
- document or proof of relevant medical exemption
As set out in the roadmap, once Victoria reaches 80 per cent fully vaccinated (indicative date: 5 November) it is predicted that kindergarten services will be open to all children – we will provide a further update then.
While it is not mandatory for families that are currently attending kindergarten to be vaccinated, we wanted to remind you that all staff at Glen Education have been committed to getting vaccinated – long before this became mandatory for us to do so – and as a result, 100% of our staff have had at least their first dose (with only a small number still awaiting their second dose). Our people have done this for everyone in their community, because they believe it is the best form of defence against transmission of the COVID virus and importantly, as a way of stopping people from becoming very sick, if they do catch COVID-19.
With this in mind, we strongly encourage as many families as possible, to please consider getting vaccinated.
Connect Health & Community has scheduled a COVID-19 Vaccination Pop-Up at the Glen Eira Town Hall Gallery next week on Tuesday 26 and Wednesday 27 October – see attached for more information.
Partial Refunds – term 4:
For those families intending to return this Friday, that have not as yet attended this term, please note the following regarding the partial fee refund and how returning this Friday will impact your refund:
- Families that did not attend during the first three weeks of term four (including this Friday) – either because they don’t meet the criteria, or because they choose to keep their child/ren at home – will be offered a 30% refund.
- Families that have not attended for the first three weeks of term four but who intend to return this Friday – because both parents are double vaccinated or have a medical exemption – will be offered a 20% refund.
If you intend to seek a refund for either of the above, please complete the information within this link: https://form.jotform.com/Glen EducationInc/application-for-fee-refund–term-4- by 22 October (this Friday). You are not eligible to apply if your child has attended any days this term, with the exception of this coming Friday. Once assessed, your refund will be processed by mid-November. We appreciate your patience while we collate, assess and process eligible refunds.
A friendly reminder that families are still not permitted to enter the kindergarten rooms/building, must wear a mask at all times and need to avoid congregating at entry/exit points (please ensure social distancing).
Stay safe everyone, and thanks for your continued support.
Glen Education Management
Comments are closed.