We believe in the uniqueness of each individual and the differences each community possesses. Each of the Glen Education kindergartens therefore, have maintained its own service philosophy. We acknowledge there are common threads that bind each philosophy and thus the Glen Education community together.
Each Kindergarten acknowledges its connection to the Glen Eira Kindergarten Association (Glen Education) Inc. and upholds the vision and values of this association. We believe that a statement of the kindergarten’s philosophy changes as new insights are gained and practice is evaluated.
Glen Education’s philosophy is influenced by the Glen Education Code of Conduct, the National Quality Framework, the ECA Code of Ethics (2016) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Glen Education Vision: The leading provider of innovative, professional and inclusive early years education that delivers excellence in learning.
Glen Education Mission
To work in partnership with:
- Children: Glen Education is committed to maximising outcomes for children’s early years
- Families: Glen Education is committed to encouraging opportunities for families to be involved in their child’s early education
- Educators: Glen Education is committed to promoting pedagogical and career support that is consistent, professional and available
- Community: Glen Education is committed to providing professionally run early years services within the Glen Eira community
Glen Education Values
* Respect * Authenticity * Integrity * Community * Celebration * Excellence
Glen Education Goals
- Provide quality early childhood and care programs for all children enrolled in a Glen Education kindergarten
- Ensure that families are provided with information regarding their child’s year at kindergarten and how they can be involved
- Ensure that all Glen Education educators are provided with an orientation program that ensures a smooth transition to Glen Education
- Ensure that Glen Education builds a sustainable organisation that has a robust governance structure and financially viable framework