Information for families

Parents/guardians seeking to enrol their child at a Glen Education kindergarten must provide (at time of enrolment) an up to date Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). This is the ONLY form of documentation accepted for the purpose of enrolling at Glen Education.

You will be asked to provide:

  • a current Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register, AND;
  • the statement must show that the child is up to date with all the vaccinations they are due/able to receive

You can print a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement from:

If you are short of time you can ask your GP or immunisation nurse if they can print your child’s Immunisation History Statement directly from the AIR. Note, not all immunisation providers can do this. If you are experiencing difficulties accessing vaccinations or required related documents, please contact us for assistance as soon as you are able. In some cases children can commence at the service while the required documents are obtained.

What if my child has had immunisations overseas or they are not eligible for Medicare?

You can get overseas immunisations added to the AIR. You need to take a translated copy of your child’s overseas immunisation history to your Australian immunisation provider. They will check the vaccines your child has had and tell you if any additional ones are required. They will update the AIR with immunisations given overseas as well as any new ones.

When your child’s immunisations are recorded on the AIR, ask your immunisation provider if they can print an Immunisation History Statement from the AIR for you to give to your childcare or kindergarten service.

A translating and interpreting service is available by calling 131 450, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.45pm.

If no Immunisation History Statement (which shows up to date with vaccinations) is provided to Glen Education when requested, either full fees will be charged even if your child is unable to commence kindergarten until the documentation is provided or the place may be offered to another child.